1) It's good to be remembered.
2) There is never such a reminder that you are alive than sheer, unadulterated pain all over your body. It's when it stops, when you are able to properly process thought, that is a problem.
3) It's been such a long time since I've been able to read a favorite book of mine. It's a justifiable purchase.
4) I made a decision about what I've got to do, and this quote is the best I can do to convey that decision.
Death is the enemy. I spent 10 years of my life singlemindedly studying, practicing, fighting hand to hand in close quarters to defeat the enemy, to send him back bloodied and humble. I am not going to roll over and surrender.
- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, First Snow, 1993
Thanks for everything.